LEADING SOUTHEASTERN COLORADO AND ITS PEOPLE TO AN ENERGY-EFFICIENT (EE) AND RENEWABLE-ENERGY (RE) ECONOMY THROUGH EDUCATION, POLICY, AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT.
CRES Southeastern Colorado (SECRES) is a regional chapter of the Colorado Renewable Energy Society (CRES), a statewide, non-partisan, non-profit, 501(c)3 membership organization. SECRES is dedicated to the advancement of all forms of renewable energy (RE), energy efficiency (EE), and their synergy with sustainability and economic development in Southeastern Colorado cities and towns, including Colorado Springs and Pueblo. Our goal is to raise awareness and provide educational activities to increase the adoption of existing and emerging EE/RE technologies, techniques, and policies.
- EDUCATING with monthly programs, workshops, and forums throughout Southeastern Colorado.
- INFORMING through digital communications, outreach, and strategic partnerships about local and community-driven EE/RE issues – including climate change mitigation.
- INSPIRING to live more sustainably, create and grow networks with grassroots methodologies.
- INTERVENING for EE/RE at the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) and supporting Colorado clean energy legislation.
- CONDUCTING events and award conferences recognizing local sustainable design and renewable energy leaders.
- ORGANIZING tours of sustainable and EE/RE homes and buildings in many Southeastern Colorado communities.